Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Product Review - Olay Regenerist Anti Aging Eye Roller


I never thought that there'd come a day when I would do a product review... well, here we are.

This is my personal review of Olay Regenerist Anti Aging Eye Roller that I used. All the views are my own and I am keeping this honest. I am not endorsed by anybody to write this review.

Here I was, on the other side of 25 just recently. I decided to start an eye and skin care regime. I walked up to the Olay outlet in the beauty department of the local mall and discussed my skin, eyes, work, time spent before the computer etc.. and asked for a cream/ lotion/ serum to take care of my eyes.  The lady at the counter recommended this one. I promptly paid up and was excited to start using this product.

Here's what the Olay website says about the product "Massage in a hydrating treatment to brighten skin, reduce eye puffiness and diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes"

 
This pen-like device is supposed to have 3 roller-balls on the top. You have to twist the bottom and it brings up the 'cream/solution' - Olay's amino-peptide complex with vitamin b3, pro-vitamin b5, vitamin e and green tea. Also, the 'cooling effect' of the rollers will give a mini massage and instant soothing to tired eyes.
 
So, Here I was .. all excited to be an adult finally!!.. and start taking care of myself. As I made mental notes to start a 'skin-care regime' and to follow it every single day and night, I broke the plastic seal on this product.
 
Here you go:
 
1. First of all, the 3 rollers on top are not actually roller balls. They are immovable. You just roll the pen over your eyes, the so called 'rollers' are actually fixed 'bumps'. Anyway, it doesn't matter if they move or not as long as I get the expected results.
 
2. The soothing massaging effect that was promised ?? Nada.. Not.There. The balls are not cool against your skin for more than 2 seconds. You don't feel the coolness against your skin.
 
3. The lotion / serum that is supposed to be this kick ass 'amino-peptide complex' doesn't get abosrbed intp the skin even if after a full 30 minutes. The only thing that seems to absorb this 'complex' is the tissue you will use on your eyes after 30 minutes of wait!
 
4. But the above three issues were the least of my concerns. Within 2 days of usage of this product (4 applications in all), I started to feel irritation, redness and puffiness around my eyes. The itching got really worse on the 5th application. I immediately cleaned my eyes and waited anxiously for the inflammation to subside. But by the next morning, the skin around my eyes was completely ruined with small red bumps  and rash. The itching was killing.
 
5.  I had to visit a doctor after the first week when none of the soothing creams at home helped. The inflammation lasted for more than 3 weeks!! This is one of the worst product that I've used.
 
I don't think I will be using any of the Olay products ever again. It was so embarassing to go to the office with bad eyes every day. It just looked like I did not sleep at all or have been drinking all night.
Please note that my skin is not at all sensitive. In fact, there has not been any product that has caused this reaction to my skin until now.
 
I am giving this product a complete thumbs down from my side. Later, I went online and saw that this was one of the least liked products of Olay. Many women had experienced the skin irritation like me. Cmon Olay!, wake up and take this off the market!!
 

No comments: